Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) announced Engineering Services Examinations (ESE) new revised syllabus for 2017 and onwards. The pattern completely changed from the previous pattern.
ESE New Exam Pattern for 2017 Students:-
ESE 2017 Revised Pattern:-
Based on the recommendations of Expert Committees formed by the Union Public Service Commission, the Government ( Ministry of Railways) has conveyed its approval for the following Structural changes in the scheme and syllabus of the Engineering Services Examination to be implemented from the year 2017 onwards.
IES Exam Pattern 2017:-
The All Exam divided into three stages:
- Stage-I [Pre]
- Stage-II [Mains]
- Stage-III [Personality Test]
- Stage-I: Stage-I has two papers:
The Details of Stage-I:
- The Minimum Qualifying Marks for each paper should be decided by the commission later.
- Only those candidates are qualifying the stage-I to be permitted to appear for Stage-II examination.
- Stage-II: Stage-II also has two papers:
The Details of Stage-II:
Note: Those Candidates who qualified at both Stages (Stage-I + Stage-II) to be permitted to appear for Stage-III examination.
3. Stage-III: Stage-III have Personality Test and after this phase, the final cut off is generated by the commission.
ESE 2017 New Syllabus Scheme:-
The new syllabus strategy is entirely different from the old syllabus.In the new syllabus, more topics are added, and some topics removed.
Common Paper For all Branches [Paper-I (In Stage-I)]:
Name- General Studies and Engineering Aptitude
Time- 2 hours
General Studies and Engineering Aptitude
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical Reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance, and technology-based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession