What is NEET cut off marks?
NEET Cut off marks can be defined as the minimum marks which every candidate must get in order to qualify the examination. Candidates can get information about the cut off marks from the official website of National Entrance Eligibility Test which is aipmt.nic.in.
Where can you find NEET 2016 Cut off marks: NEET is the All India Pre Medical Test that is conducted every year by the examination authority of the Central Board of Secondary Education. Lakhs of students appear for the exam with a hope to get admission into the reputed medical colleges of the country.
What is difference between AIPMT Key and NEET Key?
- Candidates must know that appearing for the exam is not just enough. If they want to make it into the reputed medical colleges of the country, they will have to appear for the counseling round.
- However, not everyone is called for the counseling. Only those candidates who clear the cut off marks are called for the next round of admission which is the counseling round.
How are NEET Cut off Marks Determined?
NEET Cut off 2016 marks are determined on the basis of three major factors:
- The difficulty level of the NEET 2016 exam paper.
- Number of candidates appearing for the NEET exam
- Number of seats available in the medical colleges under NEET
Based on these factors, cut off marks vary from year to year.
What were the Cut off Marks of NEET in Previous Years?
For General category, in the year 2014, the cut off marks were in the range 438 to 682. This range increased in the year 2015 and the new range was 453 to 695.
For OBC candidates, the cut off marks range was 434 to 438 in the year 2014 which increased to 450 to 453 in the year 2015.
For SC candidates, in the year 2014 cut off marks fell in 295 to 438 range. This range increased to 324 to 453 in the year 2015.
For candidates belonging to ST category, the cut off marks range was 288 to 436 in 2014 which changed to 288 to 452 in 2015.
For the PH category, the rage for cut off marks was 288 to 435 in the year 2014 which changed to 324 to 449 in the year 2015.
Thus, it can be seen that the range of cut off marks for any category were never same. This was because of the factors mentioned above.
What are the Expected Cut off marks for NEET Phase 2 exam 2016?
Like every year, the cut off marks for general category are expected to be highest. Looking at the NEET previous years trends, cut off marks for general category can be in 435-450 range. For OBC, expected cut off marks range is 430-440. For candidates belonging to SC category the expected cut off marks are likely to fall in the range 292-303.
ST category candidates can expect the cut off marks range to be 285-292. The cut off marks range for candidates belonging to PH category is 282-288. Based on these expected cut off marks of NEET 2016, candidates can get at least an idea about if they will be able to make it into their dream college or not.
Related Post of NEET and Medical Exams:
- AIIMS Answer Key with Question Paper
- AIIMS MBBS Cut Off by Experts
- NEET Daily News Coverage Read Here
- A Official form for All NEET Aspirants Fill here